Location: Sydney, Australia
Date of Release: 12/05/2014
Because why make meaningful, original music when you can just fit in, instead?
I know perfectly well that in this day and age, just about everything has been done before… But isn’t that all the more reason why you shouldn’t just give up and follow the herd?
Being a writer for IPHYB, I hear plenty of other songs pretty much exactly like “United/Divided” on a daily basis;
- Heavy vocals split up by intermittent clean and gang-vocal sections
- Slow paced, cymbal-heavy, double-kick laden drums
- Chuggy 0-0-0-0 guitars, broken up with groove sections and ambient, reverb-heavy lead breaks
- A bass player who is really nothing more than a token member that plays follow the leader with the rhythm guitarist
Really, the only advice I can offer you from here is that you guys should either give up now and save wasting a few years wondering why no-one is taking notice of your band, or get the fuck off your asses and do something cool and new!
That’s the secret to being a successful band right there! Do something new that makes people take notice, or take the asshole route and be the first to copy the person doing something groundbreaking.
Being the one-millionth band to do the exact same thing doesn’t mean you win a special prize, sorry.
Overall IPHYB Rating: 5/10
Personal Enjoyment Factor: 1/10
Latest posts by Liam Robnik (see all)
- THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN Plan Escape From Music (i.e. They Breakin’ Up) - August 6, 2016
- PARKWAY DRIVE Drop New Single ‘Devil’s Calling’ - July 11, 2016
- SUICIDE SILENCE Announce Australian Tour - July 2, 2016